This delicious Keto Avocado & Coffee Milkshake is actually called Jus Alpukat, which translates to Avocado juice. However, this rich Indonesian beverage comes out quite thick & the avocado makes it so silky smooth. You can now enjoy your daily dose of caffeine in a new exciting form!
This milkshake can be served as a creamy breakfast drink or it works equally well as an after-dinner snack but either way, it is best served chilled with a drizzle of melted dark chocolate around the sides. The original recipe calls for chocolate syrup but as I have made this into a Keto version, I replaced this with melted dark chocolate.
I have used strong granulated coffee for this Keto Avocado & Coffee Milkshake, but you can easily replace this with a double shot of espresso or even omit the coffee for a non-caffeinated version, it’s actually served both ways in Indonesia.
I have adapted the original recipe to make this shake keto-friendly, I replaced regular condensed milk with this sugar-free keto condensed milk, and I replaced regular full-fat milk with Almond milk but you can also replace it with Coconut milk if you want to add a coconut flavour to it. Let us know which one you choose and how it comes out 😉
The best thing about this shake is that you can play around with the ratios to suit your own liking ie, add more milk for a thinner shake, more or less condensed milk to adjust sweetness, and more or less ice for either a colder and frostier treat or a thicker consistency.
Keto Avocado & Coffee Milkshake
- 1 cup Almond Milk You can also use Coconut milk or regular milk
- 1/2 cup Keto Condensed Milk this is replacing sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Medium Hass Avocados (about 8oz/225g each) halved, pitted, and flesh scooped
- 10 Ice cubes
- 1/4 cup Strongly brewed coffee
- 1 pinch Kosher or Sea Salt optional to balance the flavour
- 1/2 bar 70% + Dark Chocolate melted, for drizzling along the inside of the glass this is optional and can also be replaced with thick diluted cocoa
- Double cream (whisked & sweetened with erythritol or stevia optional for garnishing & extra fat
- In a blender, combine the milk, keto condensed milk, avocado, ice, coffee, and salt & blend on high speed until smooth for about 30 seconds to 1 minute until mixture is smooth.
- If the milkshake is thicker than you'd like, blend in more milk to thin it out slightly.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave for 30 sec-1 min, stir until smooth then drizzle along the inside of the serving glasses.
- Then divide the shake evenly between the glasses, and add the whipped double cream on top if desired.
- Best served immediately