Hi, my name is Safa, I’m 11 years old and I will be sharing & posting some of my favourite kid-friendly recipes here on our family food blog. I hope to attract and help children and young adults alike to get more confident and creative in the kitchen. Because believe me, if I can do it, you can too. I will start my chain of experiences with this simple cupcake recipe.
This simple cupcake recipe is perfect for kids to try at home. There’s nothing like good old homemade cupcakes. These are my favourite because they come out so soft and spongy in the inside yet so nice and crispy on the outside. These cupcakes are so easy to make and even better to taste 😉 when I first tried this recipe I remember being so impressed. The batter was so thick and creamy and when I put it in the oven it looked so tasty. Then when they were finally done everyone in the family ate them and they were so delicious.
Once you have a good recipe for the basic cupcake batter, the options are endless. You can decorate it however you want, and make it look as pro or as amateur as you want. From buttercream frosting to fresh cream and cream cheese frosting, and fresh fruits to chocolate and sprinkles, any kid would have a fun time creating their own masterpiece in the kitchen!
You may also like: Easy Healthy Oat Cookies
I would highly recommend this recipe because, I have tried several other cupcake recipes but they either came out too greasy, too hard or just didn’t work at all, it was a disaster until I found this recipe from bbcgoodfood.com.
Simple Cupcake Recipe
- 110 g butter softened
- 110 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 sachet baking powder
- 110 g flour
- 150 g butter softened
- 300 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tblsp milk
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and fill a 12 cupcake tray with cases.
- Add ½ tsp vanilla extract, 110g flour and a pinch of salt, whisk until just combined then spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases.
- To make the buttercream, whisk 150g softened butter until super soft then add 300g icing sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk together until smooth (start off slowly to avoid an icing sugar cloud) then beat in 3 tbsp milk.
- If wanting to colour, stir in the food colouring now. Spoon or pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.