Introducing a homemade tomato soup recipe that will warm your heart and tantalize your taste buds with its comforting flavours. Tomatoes have many health benefits and this soul-soothing soup combines the natural sweetness of ripe tomatoes with aromatic herbs and spices, creating a bowlful of pure bliss. This soup recipe will help you find the perfect balance between acidity and richness, resulting in a velvety texture that melts in your mouth. With a few simple ingredients and a touch of love, you can transform ordinary tomatoes into a robust and nourishing soup that is perfect for chilly evenings or cosy gatherings. Leave behind the canned and packet versions and get ready to enjoy the goodness of this homemade tomato soup, embracing the freshness and wholesomeness of homemade goodness.
Why not try these tasty Moroccan Rghaif with your tomato soup.
-3 tbsp olive oil
-1 tbsp butter
-1 chopped onion
-2 garlic clove
-1 pint of meat/vegetable stock of choice
-5 tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
-1 tsp salt and pepper
-1 potatoes (peeled and chopped)
-200ml cooking cream
-1 cup of fresh parsley/basil/oregano
-1 tbsp tomato paste
-1-2 tsp honey (optional to balance the flavour.)
-Combine all the ingredients into a boiling pot except the cream.
-Cook over medium heat until the vegetables are tender.
-When cooled, blend into a smooth consistency and then mix in the cream. You can either use an immersion blender in the pot or blend in batches using a blender (be careful not to overfill the blender with hot liquid) then return the soup into the pot.
-Return the soup to simmer and season to taste if needed.
-Serve hot and garnish with a herb of your choice.
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 pint Meat/vegetable stock of choice
- 5 Tomatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 Potato (peeled and chopped) optional to add thickness
- 200 ml Cooking Cream
- 1 cup Fresh parsley/basil/oregano
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1-2 tsp Honey optional
- Combine all the ingredients except the cream.
- Cook over medium heat until the vegetables are tender.
- When cooled, blend into a smooth consistency and mix in the cream. You can either use an immersion blender in the pot or blend in batches using a blender (be careful not to overfill the blender with hot liquid) then return the soup to the pot.
- Return to a simmer and season to taste if needed.
- Serve hot and garnish with a herb of your choice.