These Keto Chocolate Muffins really are the best I have ever made or tasted. They make a lovely dessert, treat or snack coupled with some double cream or whipped cheese frosting 😉
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make these tasty muffins and none of them are too expensive or hard to find. It uses unsweetened cocoa, sugar-free chocolate chips and gluten-free baking powder. The best bit is its only 2 net carbs per serving!
As long as you don’t substitute the almond flour in these keto chocolate muffins for coconut flour and use melted butter, you are sure to come out with super moist & scrumptious results. Coconut flour is very dry and won’t give you the same results. Another tip to bear in mind is to not overbeat the mixture, use a soft silicone spatula to combine the ingredients softly.
Although these keto chocolate muffins are freezer friendly, we prefer their texture when they are fresh. To freeze, just make sure they are completely cooled down before placing in freezer bags and inserting into the freezer. Keep out to defrost naturally rather than placing in the microwave. Alternatively, you can store them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
You may also like this Keto Avocado & Coffee Milkshake
If you are a Muslimah that is new to the Ketogenic diet and would like some support and more info on it, please feel free to contact our Muslim Keto Coach.
In summary, children & hubbies love these tasty treats, they are really good for lunch boxes, picnics and even parties!
Keto Chocolate Muffins
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup melted butter (unsalted)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup sugar-free sweetener (we use erythritol)
- ¾ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips unsweetened
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cases then top each with a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes, until they feel firm to the touch
- When you have taken out the muffins from the oven, remove each of them from the tray immediately and allow to cool for a few minutes before you enjoy. Just be careful for any melted chocolate.
- If you allow the muffins to sit in the tray they are more likely to crumble. The muffins will become firmer upon standing.