This Moroccan Cinnamon & Banana Cake makes a lovely & simple dessert to enjoy with tea or coffee, if you make it in a square tray and cut it into small square pieces, you can pair it up with other delicious sweets for when friends come round.
The combination of the cinnamon with the banana in this delicious fresh cream cake makes the perfect union in taste and the subtle coffee flavour in the cream just completes the whole texture and experience. There’s no reason why you can’t experiment or replace the fresh cream with an alternative cake frosting, I was just never a fan of frosting because of the amount of sugar that goes into it, despite its practicality, especially when transporting, it’s just too sweet for me!
If you like this Moroccan Cinnamon & Banana Cake recipe, you may also want to try our Fresh Cream & Fruit Cake recipe
Moroccan Cinnamon & Banana Cake
- Mixing bowl
- 250 g plain flour
- 275 g castor sugar
- 140 g butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla flavour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 150 ml milk
For The Cream
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp coffee
- 300 ml of double cream
- for finishing touches Banana & Chopped Wallnuts
- First pre-heat your oven to 180c/gas 4
- Sift the dry ingredients and mix together;( flour, salt bicarbonate soda and cinnamon.)
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar then add in the 1 1/2tsp vanilla.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Whisk in the eggs one by one.
- Then pour in 150ml milk in the mixture.
- Once your mixture is smooth, add in the dry ingredients you mixed earlier & fold in lightly.
- Line and grease 2 baking tins.
- Evenly pour the batter into the tins and bake in the oven for 45 mins.
- You can nsert a skewer to check it, if it comes out clean your cake is done. Let it cool in the tin for 10 mins before you turn it out into a wire rack for it to cool further
- Mix 1 tsp cocoa powder, 1 tsp ground cinnamon and 1 tbsp castor sugar in a mug.
- Dissolve 1/2 tsp coffee with 2 tsp hot water and then add to the mug of cocoa mix
- Mix the sugar into the cocoa and cinnamon mix
- Pour in a 300ml tub of double cream in a bowl & add in the cocoa, coffee, sugar and cinnamon mix
- Whisk the cream until it thickens into stiff peaks
- Lightly roast some wallnuts or any kind of nuts available at home and coarsely crush or finely ground.
- Spread the cream over one cake layer, then apply a layer of sliced banana before putting the second cake layer on top.
- Smooth out some cream evenly over the cake and all around, sprinkle the nuts on top decotate how you wish with some more sliced banana. Then your cake is ready to serve